hypertext and "hand" cursor

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Wed Jul 16 01:04:01 EDT 2003

Hi Alex

My current libCursor implementation is as follows:

on mouseMove
  if the tool is "browse tool" then
    put word 1 of the target into targetType
    switch targetType
    case "button"
      set the defaultcursor to hand
      break
    case "player"
      set the defaultcursor to hand
      break
    case "field"
      if the lockText of the target is true then
        if the mouseChunk <> "" then
          if "link" is among the items of the textstyle of the mouseChunk
then
            set the defaultcursor to hand
          end if
        else
          set the defaultcursor to arrow
        end if
      end if
      break
    default
      set the defaultcursor to arrow
    end switch
  end if
  pass mouseMove
end mouseMove

> 1) The altCursorLib script has this handler. Was it left in there by
> mistake?
>
> on mouseLeave
>    pass mouseLeave
> end mouseLeave

It must be as it doesn't do anything. altCursor was based on libCursor and I
originally had a mouseLeave handler in it but it's not neccessary with the
defaultCursor method.

> 2) The Instructions card says "You should see an Ibeam cursor over this
> field," but since the fld is locked the ibeam doesn't appear. Confusing
> for about 1 sec until one notices the "lock field" at the bottom of the
> Instructions card :-)

Just that your lucky stars that Chipp takes the time to develop demo stakcs
for his libraries. I hardly ever do that. If you want to see a really
impressive demo stack for a library wait for Dar's box library ;-)

Oops, hope I didn't let any cats out of bags then ;-)

Cheers

Monte