pass by reference with multiple parameters?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Jul 13 23:40:00 EDT 2003

Dar-

Sunday, July 13, 2003, 8:48:16 PM, you wrote:

DS> It is not that b is empty, it ain't even there.

Actually, there's a space there as a place holder.

Try

on testIt @a, b
   put paramCount() && a && b && "hello"
end testIt

and you'll see "hello" following the values. Now try

on testIt @a, b, c
   put paramCount() && a && b && c && "hello"
end testIt

and you'll find that an extra space is inserted.

It seems that after the first instance of a byReference argument all
other arguments are also taken to be by reference. I guess the space
is the result of trying to take the reference of 6.

Good one, Alex... this sounds buggable to me.

-Mark Wieder