Hebrew Arabic texts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jul 13 16:53:00 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 10:20 PM, muaadh salih wrote:

> I have, partially,  solved the Unicode text,

I just pasted some text using the Yehudit font into a field and it
looks good.  It is not Unicode, I don't think.

> We are now  working on Chunk and bits
> There is an urgent problem : Text Insertion.
>
> Both Languages have
>  R to L text alignment which is fine but the text insertion make the
> line back to front
> examples:
>
> Real Arabic-Hebrew  should read :
> Word4  Word3  word 2 Word1
> But in revolution it is :
> Word1 word2 word3 word 4
> We tried every thing ( including  system text Align) but it does not
> work
>

> Any way to deal with this problem ?
> Help !

You might need to create a field customized by its script.

You might need commands for putting text into the field and taking text
out.  You might need general word and char commands.  Use those custom
commands instead of the usual chunking.

You might need to write commands that capture keys and mouse
operations.  It should be straightforward to do right to left typing.
What may take more work is multiline selection.  If you drag the mouse
from the middle of one line to the middle of the next, the usual
selection is wrong.

Once you get this field working, use copies of it everywhere you need R
to L.

I'm just looking at what it would take to make it work using my Yehudit
font.  Your Unicode text may have other solutions and problems.

Dar Scott