Hebrew Arabic texts

Wolfgang M. Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Sun Jul 13 06:19:00 EDT 2003

Hi James,

On Sunday, Jul 13, 2003, at 01:36 Europe/Vienna, James Lewes wrote:

>> Both Languages have
>>  R to L text alignment which is fine but the text insertion make the
>> line back to front
>> examples:
>>
>> Real Arabic-Hebrew  should read :
>> Word4  Word3  word 2 Word1
>> But in revolution it is :
>> Word1 word2 word3 word 4
>> We tried every thing ( including  system text Align) but it does not
>> work
>>

>> Any way to deal with this problem ?
>> Help !
>> --

I have not tested that...
If you are on a Mac (OSX) try Mellel. Its a great word processor at all
and the only Wordprocessor I know, which can do hebrew (because they
are from Israel) and also arabic since the last update. You can change
with a btn the direction from left to right to right to left. Can be
mixed in a document. You could try to export the left to right arabic
text as rtf and import it in to rev.
Or select/copy the text to the clipboard and paste it in to a text
field. That works fine for me with "regular" (german, english) text. If
it does not work with arabic font, send the authors an note, they are
very responsiv...

hope that helps

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

Learn easy with trainingsmaps©
INTERNETTRAINER Wolfgang M. Bereuter
Edelhofg. 17/11, A-1180 Wien, Austria
http://www.internettrainer.com, wmb at internettrainer.com
Tel: ++43/1/ 961 0418, Fax: ++43/1/ 479 2539