Unicode compliant ?

muaadh salih ms1 at soas.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 10:30:01 EDT 2003

IS Revolution version 2 a fully Unicode Compliant?
Our problem is that we are intending to migrate to R  as our main
programming language  for our
CALL (Computer assisted language learning) for teaching Arabic,
Hebrew and  Persian.
It seems that we can programm for any text manipulations at all .

   Example "
a card with field 1 ,field 2 ans button 1
to set textfont of field 1 to a specific Hebrew font does through
programming not have any effect so we have to set it manually.
So field1 was manually set to Arabic, or Hebrew fonts and r-l
direction as was field 2.

we entered manually a Semitic text in field 1.

  The button script is
On mouseUP
Get field 1
put it into field 2
end mouse up

the result is not only that field 2 is filled with garbage but filed
1 original text is turned in garbage as well

any solution?

Is there any thing like set text font of message box to "abc" ? in revolution?

We are a member of 14 European Universities thinking of leaving
HyperCard  but Revolution is still proving difficult.

--

All the best

M.  Salih
N.M.E. Dept.