Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Fri Jul 11 03:28:01 EDT 2003

Dear Ken,

First of all, my previous 'solution' was actually very silly, and it
will not work. If you make the entire stack invisible, any objects in
its cards (including the line that was supposed to be the 'guide') will
disappear.

I think that for an easy solution to that one we'll have to wait for a
version of the 'windowShape' property that accepts graphics as
parameters, as well as images... (someone was mentioning that a few
months earlier).

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 09:24  AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> How? I couildn't get any of my paint programs, or even Photoshop, to
> make a
> transparent PNG image of nothing.

Using Photoshop 7:

1) File -> New...

2) Make sure that at the bottom of the 'New' dialogue box, the
'Contents' option is set to 'transparent', and not 'white' or
'background color'.

3) Specify resolution of 72pixels/inch, RGB color mode, and make it any
size you want it to be. Click 'OK'

A new, empty (ie, TRANSPARENT) photoshop image appears. With that image
frontmost:

4) File -> Save For Web...

5) In the 'Save For Web' window, select the 'PNG-24' preset, and make
sure that the 'transparency' option is set. Click 'Save'.

Done.

Regards,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto