Revolution's CGI Module - where is it????

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 02:59:00 EDT 2003

--- Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines/  appears
> to be the current
> URL instead of
> http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines11
>

> Alex Rice

Hi Alex,

I pulled the Revolution 1.1.1 engines URL
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines11/
out of the script of the Distribution Builder.

As there's an entry for LinuxPPC, which isn't
supported by Revolution 2.0, my guess is that the URL
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/engines/
actually points to Revolution 1.0

A bit more digging through the DIstribution Builder
for Revolution 2.0 revealed the following URL :
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/downloads/engines/2.0/

Whether this is also home to any CGI-versions or not
is another question. At one point an upgrade was
suggested to add database access and all the other
goodies into the CGI-engine.
Which is probably why the latest news on the topic
IIRC, is that it's still in beta but available on
request.

Hope this hasn't added to the confusion,

Jan Schenkel.