Need some help

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jul 9 16:03:01 EDT 2003

There is some good information on using the RunRev engine to execute cgi scripts here:

http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/articles/tipoftheweek/6.html

It's also possible the create a standalone and install it on your server and then have it actually BE the application server and communicate through sockets. I haven't really started to play with the yet, but it seems like it would be very interesting to play with.

At this point I haven't really started to fool around with any of the server/CGI capabilites of RunRev - this is all just stuff that I have picked up from the list and various resources on the internet.

Right now I am struggling to just get a desktop version of my software finished, then (whenever that is) I'm going to start looking at what it would take to make a server-side version of it with a web interface.

The application that I am actually working on right now is designed for members of the Amazon affiliate program - it lets them create a database of the products that they want to offer, grabs the info about the products from Amazon's XML web service, then stores it locally. Users can then create html templates that are processed by my app into static web pages that are uploaded to a server. I'm not sure how long it's going to be before I move away from the desktop...