Applescript for creating a new folder

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Jul 9 15:34:02 EDT 2003

Hi Scott,

> I've answered as well.  The following worked for me in all cases.  Did
> you
> even try it?
>
> on mouseUp
>   # START WITH FOLDER NAME
>   put "éîøüå" into tName
>
>   # ESTABLISH THE BASE PATH
>   set itemDel to "/"
>   put item 1 to -2 of the filename of this stack into mypath
>   set the directory to mypath
>
>   # OPTION 1 - CREATE FOLDER IN CURRENT DIRECTORY
>   create folder "newuserfolder"
>   rename folder "newuserfolder" to tName
>
>   # OPTION 2 - CREATE NEW FOLDER ONE FOLDER UP IN HIERARCHY
>   set the directory to "../"
>   create folder "newuserfolder"
>   rename folder "newuserfolder" to tName
>
>   # OPTION 3 - CREATE FOLDER TWO FOLDERS UP IN HIERARCHY
>   set the directory to "../"
>   create folder "newuserfolder"
>   rename folder "newuserfolder" to tName
> end mouseUp
>
> If I use relative paths, even when the paths include diacriticals, I
> can
> create a folder and then rename it to whatever name is desired.
>
> Regards,

your script runs very well

BUT

I have to check when I create a folder if there are diacritical chars
in the pathway before creating a new folder to set the directory to a
relative pathway

then I have to know if the new futur folder has one or more
diacriticals char

BUT

it  has an enormous advantage: it is the only script until now which
works...!!!!!

Not easy but works however how much diacriticals chars there are in the
pathway...

I will try to explore your script with more attention
I'll make a command from and use it anyway...

Greetings.
Yves COPPE

yvescoppe at skynet.be