Equivalence to the SuperCard function call "via" object

Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?6w==?=l Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Wed Jul 9 10:12:00 EDT 2003

> [...] So the script that works is
> this:
>
> on mouseUp
> put "Hello Ken Ray" into tMyVar
> put "Goodbye" into tAnotherVar
> answer value("getSomeData(1,the date," & q(tMyVar)& "," &
> q(tAnotherVar) & ")",btn 2)
> end mouseUp
>
> function q what
> return quote & what & quote
> end q
>
> Don't get me wrong, Joel... I personally prefer the elegance of the
> function "via" in SuperCard than with an extension to the value()
> function, and I support your request for this feature.

Thank you Ken!

The problem with the script you propose is that you can have variables with
values containing quotes and then the script will just fail. The best
workaround I found until yet is:

  call "myHandler var1,var2,var3" of myObject
  put the result into fctResult

This is working ok but not when a var type is an array!

Joel