Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?

Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?6w==?=l Guillod joel.guillod at net2000.ch
Wed Jul 9 05:29:00 EDT 2003

le 8.7.2003 22:48, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com à
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com a écrit :

>> Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:24:18 -0700
>> Subject: Re: Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?
>> From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
>
>> As a workaround you could fake it by capturing the screen with the import
>> command and have the drawing take place in a window containing the capture
>> image sized to the rect of the monitor.
> -----------
> Or capture an image of the two stacks and make a substack with this image
> with no decorations. Position it exactly over the original stacks. This will
> make the fake _look_ like the two stacks.
>
> Either way should work.
>
> Then just animate the mousemove/control connecting line.
>
> When finished, just hide the "fake" windows substack.
>
> BTW, what do polygons have to do with your query?
>
> HTH,
> Ken N.

Thanks for the idea! I have already implemented this solution with a
snapshot and have been able to track for the location of the controls on
windows under the toplevel. This works just fine but does not take into
account that other applications are updating the content of their windows to
give real-time feedback to user.

Probably the better solution is through externals. That I cannot!

To Ken, polygons allow to have connectors between two points with two
segments at right angles (horizontal and vertical). This is for a pleasant
look. Have a look to the way WebObjects Builder or Interface Builder is
connecting two objects. This is better looking than an oblique line.

Joel