MAC OS X Problems

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jul 9 02:50:01 EDT 2003

On 7/8/03 11:41 PM, "Yves COPPE" <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:

>> on mouseUp
>>   set itemDel to "/"
>>   put item 1 to -2 of the filename of this stack into mypath
>>   create folder (myPath & "/newuserfolder")
>>   rename folder (myPath & "/newuserfolder") to (myPath & "/éîøüå")
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> Works fine here...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Scott Rossi
>> Creative Director
>> Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
>>

> It doesn't work if in your path you have an existing folder wtih
> diacriticals
>
> f. ex.
> myPath is     /users/<myName>/xxx/yyy/éééé
>
> then
> add your code
>
>>   create folder (myPath & "/newuserfolder")
>>   rename folder (myPath & "/newuserfolder") to (myPath & "/éîøüå")
>>

> it won't work !!!!

I can get this to work using the directory property and relative paths.

on mouseUp
  # START WITH FOLDER NAME
  put "éîøüå" into tName

  # ESTABLISH THE BASE PATH
  # ALWAYS DO THIS BEFORE CREATING ANY FOLDER
  set itemDel to "/"
  put item 1 to -2 of the filename of this stack into mypath
  set the directory to mypath

  # OPTION 1 - CREATE FOLDER IN SAME DIRECTORY AS STACK
  create folder "newuserfolder"
  rename folder "newuserfolder" to tName

  # OPTION 2 - CREATE NEW FOLDER ONE FOLDER UP IN HIERARCHY
  set the directory to "../"
  create folder "newuserfolder"
  rename folder "newuserfolder" to tName

  # OPTION 3 - CREATE FOLDER TWO FOLDERS UP IN HIERARCHY
  set the directory to "../"

-----
E: scott at tactilemedia.com
W: http://www.tactilemedia.com