How do you reduce Revolution's compiled program sizes?

Antn at aol.com Antn at aol.com
Wed Jul 9 02:17:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I notice that all programs compiled with Revolutions (even the simple "hello
world" sample) are on the heavy side (at least 1.8 megs,) even after you
minimize usage of the optional libraries.

Is it because Revolution packs the runtime libraries along with every
compiled project like Visual Basic does?

I prefer Revolution to VB or C++ because it appears to be much easier to
learn and use (not to mention it's cross platform feature), however, I am envious
of the compactness of C++.

Why is C++ so small as compared to Revolution?

Another program that is cross-platform like Revolution, but extremely compact
is Rebol. (http://www.rebol.com) The avg prog size for rebol is only about 5k
(as opposed to 1800K for Revolution.) How did they manage to make Rebol so
compact?

Other than reducing the associated libraries, avoiding media files (graphics,
audio, video, etc.,) what tricks and tips can be used to make Revolution
produce leaner and trimer executables?

Thanks