Can I draw a line (or better any polygon) directly on screen?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 8 04:32:01 EDT 2003

Joël Guillod wrote:

> Is there a easy way to draw any line on screen?
>
> What I want to do is to click on a control in window A and move the mouse
> onto another control in window B and have during the move the line drawn and
> updated from the first control to the mouseloc. The goal is to have a visual
> effect of connecting two controls placed in two different windows.
>
> I made that with an XCMD in Supercard and need the same functionality in
> Rev, multiplatform.

Drawing between windows is inherently problematic, as you found with the
need to write an external.  Depending on what you want to do, you may find
writing an external for each platform to be ideal.

As a workaround you could fake it by capturing the screen with the import
command and have the drawing take place in a window containing the capture
image sized to the rect of the monitor.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation