URGENT MAC OS X Problems

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Tue Jul 8 01:23:00 EDT 2003

>the command : "create folder"
>
>1) works fine when I create a folder
>BUT
>2) doesn't work if the new created folder has a diacritical char
>
>for example :
>
>create folder "../test" works fine
>
>create folder "../répétition" doesn't work  (if I write
>"repetition" (without the "é") it's good)

Yves, I know that you are on a Mac OSX but perhaps this may give you some clue:

On Mac OS 9.2.2 using MetaCard 2.5 the first time you use create
'folder "../répétition" ' the folder is actually created (at the same
level as your engine).

On Mac OS 9.2.2 using Revolution 2.0r2 the first time you use create
'folder "../répétition" ' the folder is created  (at the same level
as your engine).

If you then try to send the same script again you get an error:
can't create that directory.

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen        	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/hjem/default.html
Norway