URGENT MAC OS X Problems

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Jul 7 15:03:01 EDT 2003

Bon soir Yves,

> Le lundi, 7 juil 2003, à 20:09 Europe/Brussels, Klaus Major a écrit :
>
>> Bon soir Yves,
>>
>> SUCCESS!!! :-D
>>
>> This worked fine on my OS X 10.2.6 RR 2.01:

>> get shell("mkdir" && "répétition")
>>
>> mkdir = make directory :-)

I'm proud of me :-)

> How can I make a full pathname
> for example : users/<myname>/Documents/myData/Répétition
> with this command ??? get shell(...)

Just like any other path in RR...

There are some Unix related goodies that you can use.

Like $HOME or $USER

Try this in the msg:

put $HOME

will give the path to your home directory

and

put $USER

will give the username of the currently logged-in user

So you can create a path like in your example:

get shell("mkdir" && $HOME & "/Documents/" & "répétition")

See also the info about "specialfoldernames" on Ken Rays website!

> How can you explain that create folder doesn't work but rename folder
> without diacritical chars to a folder with diacritical chars do work ?

Not at all ;-)

Hope that helps.

> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE