Software DB Demo.rev & MySQL

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Jul 6 17:47:00 EDT 2003

Hi Howard,

localhost is what you use if the MySQL server is running on your own
computer. If it is on a remote computer, then you need to know the IP
address. You shouldn't need to use sockets directly. Rev handles all
that stuff for you in the database routines.

Have a look at the 2 MySQL stacks available on my web site. I have used
them to connect to local and remote servers without any problems.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/