Software DB Demo.rev & MySQL

howard freeman hef at fisiltd.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 12:23:00 EDT 2003

For some reason I can't open this stack through the file open command
under OS X (10.2.6) and when I open it under OS 9 the fields are
spread all over the place. Anyone else had such a problem?

I've tried to access a MySQL db running under redhat 9 (which
shouldn't be a problem) as root at root password but I can't get an ID.
When I try using another user (not root) I still can't make a
connection. I note that the include files I created to let web users
use the db gives 'localhost' as the HOST parameter, and I believe I
should use socket access instead - how do I do that??

Thanks

Howard