Stack jumps from top level to palette

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Jul 6 08:12:01 EDT 2003

>--__--__--
>
>Message: 12
>Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:43:06 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Stack jumps from top level to palette
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>--- Jim Hurley <jhurley at infostations.com> wrote:
>>  I've got serious troubles.
>>
>>  I have a stack (with *lot* of stuff) that I think
>>  may have become corrupted.
>>
>>  Every time I press command 2 or 3 to move to the
>>  previous or next
>>  card (Mac OS), the stack changes from toplevel to
>>  palette. If I type
>>  "go to next card" in the message box, the stack
>>  changes from top
>>  level to palette. Buttons with handles "go to next
>>  card" take me to
>>  the palette mode.
>>
>>  The arrow keys will move me from card to card
>>  without the change in stack mode.
>>
>>  This happens only with this one stack so it probably
>>  is not a corrupted engine.
>>
>>  There is noting in the stack script which should
>>  cause this behavior.
>>
>>  Any ideas?
>>
>>  Troubled,
>>
>>  Jim
>>

>Hi Jim,
>
>What is the content of the 'style' property of the
>stack ? I was bitten a while back by a stack that had
>accidentally been set to modeless and kept jumping
>back to it whenever I opened it.
>   set the style of stack "Foobar" to "toplevel"
>
>Hope this helped,
>
>Jan Schenkel.

=

Jan,

I was about to reply that I have been resetting the mode to toplevel
every time it jumped to palette mode, perhaps a couple of dozen
times--every time I changed cards. I was making the change from the
pop up contextual sensitive menu (command-control-shift-click on the
Mac.)

But I thought I would first follow your advice literally and so I set
the style to toplevel in the message box. Eureka! This time it stuck.
It turns out that using the menu palette is ephemeral. It only
changes the mode temporarily. The mode reverts back to palette after
command 3 to go to the next card.

Very odd.

Thank you Jan.

Jim