Open driver?

Christoph Pastl chripa at aon.at
Sun Jul 6 04:35:00 EDT 2003

Hello!

I´m using RR 2.0 on a PowerMac G4/400 with Mac OS 9.1.
I want to develop a program which connects to a USB interface
(an evaluation board). This USB board looks like a serial port for the Mac.
But: I don´t know how to connect to this hardware with RR.
The "open driver" command does not work.
I used many different names for the drivername, but no success.
(I took the drivername which appears in the Apple System Profiler too.)

The reason I know that my USB board is "visible" for the MacOS is,
that I can request its name using AppleScript. (With the "SerialPort osax")
I can also send data to my module using this osax.

How can I connect to my virtual serial port?

Chris