Speech synthesis on Windows

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jul 2 19:12:00 EDT 2003

Chipp-

It gets worse. SAPI is downloadable from MS and can be installed on
any Windows system going back to Win98. Windows XP throws in another
monkey wrench with its "side-by-side" technology, which allows it to
archive different versions of DLLs to work with different pieces of
software. So it's conceivable that SAPI 5.0 could be installed on a
WindowsXP machine, the user upgrades to 5.1, and they're both there.
Somewhere.

-Mark Wieder