More send in time

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jul 2 11:57:00 EDT 2003

At the risk of being sacrilegious...

Maybe we are being too strict on this mouse thing.

1.
The meaning of "the mouse" has changed with Revolution 2.0 to what one
might expect and is easier to use in loops.

2.
The use of "the mouse" in a loop is blocking in three senses.  It
blocks that handler, of course.  It blocks one's entire application--
no downloading, no handler driven game motion, no serial I/O and so on.
  And, most important in my mind, it blocks design opportunity.

Given that #2 is a simply a strong admonition and #1 opens up some
doors, maybe we can lighten up on this.

Or is there a #3?

Dar Scott