Speech Synthesis on Windows

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Jul 2 09:40:13 EDT 2003

Chipp,

Thanks for your input. I had already figured I would need to record my
own speech as AIFF for the best cross-platform compatibility. I'll save
the speech synthesis for another, Mac-only, project.

Regards,
Barry

On Wednesday, Jul 2, 2003, at 01:01 America/Denver, Chipp wrote:

> From: "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com>
> To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: RE: Speech synthesis on Windows
> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:24:11 -0500
>
> Hi Barry,
>
> I'm pretty sure there isn't a ubiquitous solution for Speech on
> Windowsv via
> RunRev. I checked around last night and found out they're shipping the
> SAPI
> 5.1 now with new WinXP, and RunRev Speech doesn't work with SAPI 5.1.
> In
> fact, it's a bit confusing even trying to find out what version of
> SAPI is
> running on WinXP.
>
> I think RR will need to update the Speech libraries for Windows users.
>
> --Chipp

Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com