Another Script Editing Tip

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Jul 1 16:04:00 EDT 2003

When looking for ways to make script editing more convenient, I found the
following to be a simple and easy method which (best of all) allows me to
keep the browse tool active -- no need to switch to the pointer tool.

Place the following in the stack script:

on editScript?
  if the optionKey is "down" then
    edit script of the target
    exit to top
  end if
end editScript?

Then in any object whose script you want to edit often, place the line
"editScript?" at the top of its mouseUp handler:

on mouseUp
  editScript?
end mouseUp

Now you can quickly edit the script of any object whenever you alt+click
(option+click) the object with the browse tool.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design