bad factor

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 31 11:56:00 EST 2003

> > Yes I was missing the word "button" - my button name is btn.
>
> Hmm, not too intuitive ;-)
> Take another name next time, just to avoid confusion in your scripts.
>
> Of course you can have many buttons with the same name on a card,
> but when you address a button by its name in a script , the script will
> not spend any time and ask you what button you really mean, but will
> take
> the first button (lowest layer number) with that name.

Oh, and one other thing - make sure you put quotes around the name of
objects. Revolution is smart enough to interpret things *without* quotes,
but if you use quotes you will (a) make things clearer in your scripts, and
(b) remove any possible confusion that Rev might encounter. So use this:

  set the hilite of btn "Banana" to true

instead of this:

  set the hilite of btn Banana to true

Just my $0.02,