All about plugin

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Fri Jan 31 03:19:00 EST 2003

At 8:27 AM -0800 1/27/03, Jim Hurley wrote:
>I created a stack containing the handlers I would like to use as
>addenda to RR in the stack script. I set it to open at startup. I
>then saved the stack and stored it in the plugin folder. On
>restarting RR the stack in that folder opened as expected. But its
>handlers are not available to newly created stacks without a "start
>using...."
>
>I was hoping it would be possible to have these handlers available
>without explicitly requesting them, as is the case in HC/MC home
>stack, much the same way Eric has suggested.

It's true that plugins aren't automaticallly placed in the message path.
The way you proceed is to do "start using" or "insert script" in the
plugin's openStack handler:

  on openStack
    insert the script of me into back
  end openStack

Then when the plugin opens automatically on startup, it inserts itself into
the backscripts.

>Also, is it possible to make that plugin stack be available yet
>invisible, that is, effectively customizing RR by adding a few
>handlers to those already built in?

This will be in 2.0. (There's an option to open the stack invisibly, so you
get the benefit of its handlers without having to deal with an extra window
floating around.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/