Line Tracing

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jan 30 23:09:01 EST 2003

Hi Roger,

I'm not quite sure what it is you are trying to do. If you stop the
screen from updating, you won't see your graphic move. It will appear
to leap from the start position to the end. Do you want to see it
follow a path, but not see anything else happen? If so, perhaps you
should consider a sub-stack so there is nothing but your graphic in the
window.

If you want to end up with a line across the window, then I would
recommend using a polygon graphic and setting it's points. This is
quick to do in a script and the screen update only has to happen once,
when you set the points of the graphic to the set of points that you
have just calculated using your equation.

If you want an example, let me know.

Cheers,
Sarah