Rotating Images without enlarging the image space

Matt Denton matt.denton at limelight.com.au
Thu Jan 30 02:22:01 EST 2003

Hi-ya all,

Does anyone know how to rotate an image by 90 degrees without creating
a larger image?  I need to rotate clock or anti-clockwise by a straight
90 degrees.  Problem is, all rotations seem to enlarge to the square of
the largest side.  Save moving the data pixel-by-pixel using a
Transcript matrix transform (slowish) is there another way?  I don't
fancy lots of imagedata manipulation... I'm sure there is a simple way.
  Currently I'm rotating, grouping and resizing group (brings corners
in).  Not good.

Any ideas?

M@