RevDB

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Mon Jan 27 21:45:01 EST 2003

>OK, now I see where the logic comes from- and that makes sense. But
Oracle
>and ODBC certainly do allow you to move forward and to fetch the current
row.
>I know it *can* be done with the current API, just consider this script
that
>I wrote for use with MySQL:
OK sure I can add revdb_currentrow. It's just as an external/engine
developer the first question you have to ask yourself is -can it be
scripted?- The cool thing about revdb_columnbynumber is that it can also
be used to access binary data..which is the sort of thing you want to
access column by column. In addition returning data as tab or comma
delimited requires that you parse the data anyhow to access each
individual column.

Even revdb_querylist is a conveniance, and something that can probably be
implemented at the script library level.

>Not all database implementations necessarily have "rows"?
I think all databases have the concept of records though.

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>