Way to determine if button is pressed in browser

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon Jan 27 16:12:01 EST 2003

Well, if you set up Rev as a CGI on a server, the web page could tell the
CGI that a button was pressed. If a local Rev app needed to know, it could
be polling a particular spot on the server for the existence of a file, and
the CGI could write that file. You'd get a delay between the click on the
page, the writing of the file by the CGI and the response by the local Rev
app, but that's the only way I can think of to do it.

Any other ideas?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com