RevDB

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 27 16:05:00 EST 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> Sorry, maybe I misunderstood. The client-side concept of rows, that is:
> rows of the query result set, I think is implemented by revdb's concept
> of cursors. see the revdb_move*, revdb_cursor*, revdb_query.

It's not specific to Rev:  the term is an abbreviation of "CURrent Selection
Of Records".  It's been in database parlance for some years, though I'm
mystified as to how the term was ever gained acceptance given the even older
use of "cursor" to refer to the flashing indicator for text entry.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation