All about plugin

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Jan 27 11:32:01 EST 2003

Jeanne  DeVoto Wrote:

>There is a "home" stack (it's the license stack), but it's locked and
>therefore not a place for customizations, unlike the HC Home stack.
>
>The best thing is to create a plugin. Then you can set up the Plugins
>Editor to open it automatically during startup, and include in it whatever
>handlers you need to have available.

Jeanne,

This looks to be very useful and something I would like to implement.
I made an attempt to follow your suggestion, but with limited success.

I created a stack containing the handlers I would like to use as
addenda to RR in the stack script. I set it to open at startup. I
then saved the stack and stored it in the plugin folder. On
restarting RR the stack in that folder opened as expected. But its
handlers are not available to newly created stacks without a "start
using...."

I was hoping it would be possible to have these handlers available
without explicitly requesting them, as is the case in HC/MC home
stack, much the same way Eric has suggested.

Also, is it possible to make that plugin stack be available yet
invisible, that is, effectively customizing RR by adding a few
handlers to those already built in? Am I asking for too much?

Is there some place I might  read more about plugins in RR?

Thanks Jeanne,

Jim
--
Jim Hurley