Serendipity Library or Rob Cozen's personal editorials

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 01:58:00 EST 2003

--- Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 12:48 PM, Cyberscope
> wrote:
>
> > Please take your political views off of this list!
>
> I ditto this. Rob is about to cost RunRev 2
> professional membership
> renewals, in fact, I think he already has.
>
> --
> Troy

Hi All,

After the whole discussion of the term 'vaporware'
just a few weeks ago, I figured I would just stay out
of this sort of debate. But regardless of the fact
that politics have as much place on this list as
religion and cheese, one should not let decisions like
subscription renewals depend on the personal views of
others on topics that have nothing to do with RR.
I am well aware that the soup is never eaten as hot as
it's served, but you shouldn't point at Rob when
there's obviously something else wrong -- and if for
some reason you are displeased with RR services, be
sure to tell it to the RunRev folks because they ought
to deal with it.
Therefore I believe it is our friendly listmom Heather
who will take Rob aside "for a little chat", and
everyone else ought to express their views directly to
the person -- just like whether I agree or disagree
with him is something which I'll express in a personal
mail to Rob.
All in all, the list has been quite mature in the year
that I've been on it, and mostly self-regulating with
a watchful eye from Heather every once in a while.
Let's keep it that way ; I prefer this unmoderated
list approach -- and I wouldn't want to be the poor
sod who has to click an "Approved" button 24/7.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

-----
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall
defend to the death your right to say it." (Voltaire)