Restricting access - Two questions

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sun Jan 26 14:28:01 EST 2003

I know I can generate an "Open file" dialog and restrict access to
files that are only of a certain "type".

Question #1: Is it possible to restrict the user to a certain folder
or, alternatively, restrict certain folders from being read from or
written to? What comes to mind is examining the returned path for the
presence of a "banned" folder or volume name and then chide the user in
an appropriate manner.

Question #2: Is it possible, through Rev, to quit the Finder and the
Dock? (OSX only, of course) If so, how?

Thanks,

Barry