Mac Standalone works, Windows doesn't mystery.....

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 01:46:01 EST 2003

--- DVGlasgow at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 26/1/03 2:34:40 AM, Ken Ray
> writes:
>
> <<   enable button continue
>
> should be:
>
>   enable button "continue"
>
> Do you get an error message, or does the button just
> not enable? >>
>
> Thanks Ray
>
> Nothing bad happens on Win, the system stays
> responsive in other respects.
>
> I stopped developing on Windows - I have been just
> building on Mac & testing
> using VPC - so I haven't had have the luxury of
> error reporting.
>
> With hindsight I think to give up on developing on
> PC  was a mistake born of
> Revs generally remarkably predictable cross platform
> performance - I think I
> am going to have to dowload a Win RR and borrow a
> PC.  Maybe do a build with
> error reporting just to get a quick idea?
>
> You are right, I should use quotes.  But is Windows
> more picky about that?

Not to sound too obvious, but have you tried running
the Win RR development in VirtualPC ? Or did that turn
out too slow ?
Now apart from the quotes, have you tried switching
the 'unlock screen' and the 'enable button' lines ?
Maybe it's just a screen refreshment problem.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====