AppleEvent messages

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 25 10:46:01 EST 2003

--- sims <sims at ezpzapps.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to understand how one uses
> appleEvents and have played with
> the following script. I cannot figure out how one
> gets the path of the files
> from the script.
>
> One of the things I am trying to achieve is to be
> able to drop a jpeg
> onto a Rev card/window and be able to get the path
> to that jpeg.
> I understand that I can do so with the external that
> is available
> but am hoping to be able to do this through
> scripting & AE alone.
>
> Can anyone clue me in? Can I achieve this with Rev
> 1.1.1? How?
>
> atb
>
> sims

Hi Sims,

Have a look at the Transcript Dictionary entry for
'request AppleEvent data' -- this will explain how you
can extract the path from an 'odoc' event.

As for drag-and-drop onto a card : that's coming soon,
as in RunRev 2.0 we'll be able to pick up files and
blocks of text that are dropped onto our windows.
If you need a solution right away, have a look at the
RunRev Externals Collection by Tuviah Snyder :
http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/developerdownloads/externalscollection.html

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====