Exporting Vector Graphics

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Jan 25 01:53:01 EST 2003

>I was wondering whether anyone has any information in regards to
>exporting Revolution graphic objects in a VECTOR format (ie, PICT, EPS,
>.wmf, etc.).
>
>As far as I can see, the export and save functions only deal with
>low-resolution raster images (bitmaps).
>
>I'm producing GRAPHS that need to be imported into Word, both on the
>Mac and in Windows. I've written some routines which draw beautiful
>graphs in Revolution. These graphs are groups of objects, which include
>'graphics', 'images' and 'fields'. I've obtained incredible results,
>however, unless I can get these into Word - in a format that is
>suitable for professional printing - then the whole project will have
>to be dropped.... (or worse, moved to RealBasic...).
>
>Please HELP!
>
>Kind Regards,
>--
>Igor
>----------------------------------
>igor at pixelmedia.com.au
>----------------------------------

Hi Igor,

This ability to export vector graphics would be at the very top of my
wish list for RR.

You are able to do this in Super Card. Export the graphic. Import it
into a graphics program. Ungroup it and then edit it like any other
vector graphic.

Some 10 years ago I used this extensively to programmatically
generate vector diagrams of optical ray paths for journal
publication. Worked beautifully.

If the graphic is not too complex there is a poor man's version
available in RR. Take a screen shot of the graphic. (As we have seen
recently, this list is willing, indeed eager, to provide the answer
to this question.) Open this bit map image in your graphic program
and then trace the image with vector tools. As I said, a poor man's
solution.

Jim