Passing mouse events

xian xianman at mac.com
Thu Jan 23 19:29:01 EST 2003

Hi all, I am trying to create some cool custom button effects with Rev
right now but I have a question. First, I'll explain how my buttons
work...

Their appearance are big aqua inspired shapes, meant for use in a
touchscreen application. When the user touches a button I have semi
transparent overlays that become visible that give the appearance that
the button is not only "pushed in" but it also glows bright. When the
user releases their finger from the screen, the button pops back out
but remains lit up with another semi transparent overlay (dimmer than
the glow effect overlay). Then if the user pushes the button again,
same effects happen but the button goes back to it's non-lit state.

So, my problem is that when the "lit up" overlay becomes visible, it
blocks the mouse events to the button that is underneath it. Is it
possible to pass all mouse events from one object to another? Or maybe
make an object "invisible" to mouse events? Or is their perhaps a
better way of doing what I'm trying to accomplish altogether?

BTW, I can't use normal buttons with custom icon rollover effects
because my buttons are mostly round and I only want them to be
activated by their shape, not the square of a button. This is why I'm
using transparent .png files.

TIA!
Christian