newbie: how play sounds in RR

Esa Kivelä Esa.Kivela at ncrc.fi
Thu Jan 23 01:28:01 EST 2003

Greetings again from Finland

I have long time project: I have started make MUD editor some time ago by Hypercard and now I continue this project with RR.

I have some sounds file (wav-files steero and mono), like rusty doors sound, chain, sword, orc etc.

I imported one sound (wave stereo) into stack try to paly command inside button -> nothing happend even I putted whole path in to that sound.

Ok when editor put ie some door into rom wich he/she want to edit, RR cheks door button coordinates, specified to n, s,e,w,up and down as it is in LPMuds. Then its goes to card "ovet" (ovet = finnish = doors) and show doors info where editor can put doors settings like does door have lock, what kind lock it does have any code to the lock, is door open/closed, locekd/not locked and so on.

What I try to do with sound is that before RR goes to card "ovet" and shows doors settings its play that rusty door sound like "rusty.wav" *hear that rusty door echo around you?*

But how? Do I have import sounds to stack? Do I have set some defaultFolder? Is that simple command like paly "rusty.wav" as in Hypercad was enough?

Here is part code where I want to add that play command:

----Code start----

 if the loc of me is "210,70" then
    lock screen
PLAY SOUND SOMEWHERE IN HERE? :-o
    go to card "ovet"
    send mouseup to cd btn "show/hide n" of card "ovet"

    unlock screen
  end if

----Code ends----

Anyone can help?

Thanks at advance

*Bows deeply and returns to the shadows of the forrest*

Esashi