Saving User-Entered Text

Klaus Major klausimausi at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 06:59:00 EST 2003

Hi Valetia,

> Klaus,
>
>> 1. Make that stack with the field NOT part of the standalone
>> so it can be saved
>> 2. write the field to a file and read it in again when necessary...
>
> Is there a method that prevents the saved data from being read by any
> other
> means?

Hmmm, that's the point ;-)

You could passwort-protect your stack so it can not be read when opened
in some
kind of editor, but when opened in RR, except the scripts...

> For instance, you can open both the non-standalone stack as well as
> the text
> file and view their contents...not too good in many cases. Any
> suggestions?

Hmmmm...

Since serious hackers are rare (compared to "normal" users) so just
base64 encoding
the text-file might prevent this for most users. But that's far from
being really safe...

   put base64encode(fld "userinput") into url...

put base64decode(url"file...) into fld "userinput

Sorry, i am a bit weak in cryptography ;-)
...but maybe others can provide better solutions...

I have an extremely cheap "crypto_lite" stack that i can send you
offlist, if you like.

But who knows, maybe some hackers will laugh to death when they see it,
which would be some kind of success anyway ;-)

> Valetia

Regards

Klaus Major
klausimausi at mac.com