Update List Field Kills First Mouse Clickdown

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Jan 21 17:36:01 EST 2003

I have text entry  field with a "on closefield" handler that triggers
an update handler in the stack script to update and sort  an adjacent
list field on the same card, which then reflects changes in the entry
field.

If I change the text in the "entry" field   then when I  move the mouse
away from the field and click on the list field, the closefield action
is triggered, the update hander runs and refreshes the list field (puts
new list into it and sorts the list.)

But, the next click down on the list field is lost and the clicktext is
empty. click a second time and you get a hilited line and clicktext is
returned.

I tried to trigger the closefield handler (and thus cause the stack
script handler to run immediately before the mousedown on the list)  on
mouseleave, doesn't help. All varieties of attempts to update the list
field ahead of time result in the same behaviour:

The first click down on the newly updated and sorted field is lost,
only on the second click will the clickline hilite and clicktext be
returned.

??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications