automatic scrolling a field to the bottom when Text is entered

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 14:29:01 EST 2003

sez <bvg at mac.com:
>Thanks to every one who replied, but it seems that i have to be more
>specific about what I want to do:
>I have a field which captures all libURL messages, using the
>"libUrlSetLogField <field> " command. The problem is that I wont now
>when it gets a message, nor can I make it put the data before the
>field.
   Stupid question: Have you tried "put TheNewURL & return before field
FRED", and if so, what went wrong? "put Whatever before field" works for me
in MC 2.4.1...

>It will also be probable that the User writes into that field,
>or that I willl ent3er something per script. The two last cases can be
>handled but the first one buggs me :(
   Now that I actually did some experiments, I can state that "select after
field FRED" will cause field FRED to scroll all the way down to the bottom in
MC 2.4.1 -- even if FRED isn't actually a scrolling field!
   Hope this helps...