automatic scrolling a field to the bottom when Text is entered

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 08:22:01 EST 2003

Thanks to every one who replied, but it seems that i have to be more
specific about what I want to do:
I have a field which captures all libURL messages, using the
"libUrlSetLogField <field> " command. The problem is that I wont now
when it gets a message, nor can I make it put the data before the
field. It will also be probable that the User writes into that field,
or that I willl ent3er something per script. The two last cases can be
handled but the first one buggs me :(

what I got (and think that it is too complicated):

on updateField
   if the selected of checkmark "Cancel" = true then exit updateField
--or similar
   set the scroll of me to 999999
   send updateField to me in 0.3 seconds
end updateField