automatic scrolling a field to the bottom when Text is entered

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 03:19:01 EST 2003

sez bvg at mac.com:
>I already did this once. It included an "oldText" property, a "send to
>me in 1 second" handler and some calculating of the "formated height".
>  but I do not want to do it like that again, there must be a simpler
>solution to scroll a field all the way down when text gets entered
>(whether by hand or by script)
   Rather than bother with the field's formatted height, why not just use
"select character (1 + the length of field FRED) of field FRED" or "select
after the last character of field FRED" instead? Sounds to me like an oldText
property plus "send to me in X seconds" really is the way to go for what you
want; if the time it took to mess with formatted height was the problem,
"select after the last character" should hopefully be a solution.
   Hope this helps...