Passing Lists II

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jan 19 12:57:01 EST 2003

>I am concerned about the broader implications of sending any list
>that is input via an ask dialog (or in general?).

Indeed: try this...

on mouseUp
   ask "Enter text inluding a comma."
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theText
   answer "The text is"&&theText
   send "showText"&&theText to me in 20 milliseconds
end mouseUp

on showText theText
   answer "showText text is"&&theText
end showText

If I enter "I think, therefore I am.", showText says theText is "I
think".  If I 'put "I think, therefore I am." into theText' instead
of typing it in an ask dialog, the same error occurs.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.com/who.htm