Plain Text for this list

mgreenb551 at aol.com mgreenb551 at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 08:56:00 EST 2003

If you are using AOL as your ISP and need to send plain text messages for lists like this one, then there are two good solutions.  You could load AOL 5 and use it when you need plain text.  An easier way though is to use webmail.aol.com, which only sends plain text.  If this message comes through as HTML or MIME, then I'm wrong.

Please, those of you who cannot imagine why anyone on this list would be using AOL, before you send messages saying so, consider this.  I am not a professional developer.  Even though I am the head of the English Department in an inner-city high school, my HyperCard stacks have been running the regional wrestling tournaments for eight years now.  My HyperCard and HyperStudio stacks have been preparing the school's academic team for regional and state tournaments for six years.  The computer that I use to develop these stacks is the one on which my son plays games and my wife shops.  I can understand about 90% of what is discussed on this list and even had a 3-line solution to the randomly selected random lines question.  I didn't send my solution because of my HTML formated e-mail.  My guess would be that there are others out there in similar situations.

-- Mark G.