Completeness of Revo Docs

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 18 14:43:01 EST 2003

On  Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:49:47 -0800 "Geoff Canyon"
<gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

>This url will list every occurrence of "seconds" in all of the docs, as
>well as some additional pages, since the wiki isn't just the docs
>anymore. It's really slow, so be patient.
>
>http://wiki.macitworks.com/revdocs/
>search?search=seconds&casesensitive=false&and=true

Thanks, this is certainly a good way to find every occurrence of
something... but I don't see it as particularly structured, as the
search turned up too many references for one to be able to read them
all.

OK, I accept that I'm never going to get the ideal reference
material, but I would rather see (for example) 'second' and 'seconds'
appear in the Dictionary in normal alphabetical style with each usage
discussed in turn, which is what Richard Gaskin, Ken Ray and Chris
Watson managed with the SuperCard docs (see Richard's recent mail).

Of course there are other ways of approaching what Transcipt can do
apart from just reading a dictionary: I very much appreciate those
sections of the docs discussing the 'how to' of specific areas of
functionality, and I am always keen to look at stuff on the
underlying structure, for example the message path, the divergence
between different platforms, etc etc - subjects which don't fit in
with the Dictionary approach. I appreciate that there is already
excellent material in the existing documentation, and I am really
making these points just to point to an ideal rather than in a spirit
of grumbling. Anyway I will certainly use the Wiki from time to time.

Thanks again

Graham