PlayStopped message

Jez jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 14:45:01 EST 2003

I want to detect when a song finishes playing in a Quicktime player control
so that I can queue up another song (picked at random). The PlayStopped
message seemed to be the obvious way of capturing this event. Trouble is,
PlayStopped is also fired when you set the filename of the player to a new
file (resulting in an infinite loop), and when the stack is closed, though
intruigingly is NOT fired when you invoke a "stop player" command! How can I
safely capture the end of a song being played ?