path of a 'closeStackRequest'

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 13:52:01 EST 2003

Thanks to all who replied: I think I know where I am now. Pity there
is no clear documentation of the message path... still there are so
many helpful people on this list that I guess it doesn't matter all
that much.

On 16 Jan 2003 08:15:04 -0800 Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

>The mainstack in Rev acts as the project script in SuperCard, accessible to
>all substacks.
>
>If your mainstack has only one card consider putting its unique scripts
>there. Or you could leave it at the stack level and put an "if" in the
>relevant handlers to check the short name of the stack.

Yes, as an old SuperCard hand I had never noticed that the
'openWindow' message for any window would pass to the project script.
I guess that's because I used a startUp handler for my
initialisation, and realising that I wouldn't get one in the
Revolution Development Environment, I switched my initialisation to a
preOpenStack handler in the mainstack script. However, if one does
this, it's necessary to check that the target of the handler is the
actual mainstack, as several people have pointed out. On to the next
problem...

Thanks again to all

Graham