Passing Lists

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 15 13:50:01 EST 2003

Rob Cozens wrote:

> Simple stack: one field of text, "Text", and one button "Set Style".
>
> on mouseUp
> ask "What style?"
> put it into theStyle
> set the textStyle of char 20 to 40 of field "Text" to theStyle
> end mouseUp
>
> All is well so long as the style is a single item (eg: "plain",
> "italic", "box", etc.), BUT try "bold,condense" or any combination of
> multiple styles and nothing happens.  If I run the script in the
> debugger, I get "Margin is not an integer".
>
> Who wants to be Sherlock of the Day?
>
> PS: I tried bold,condense and "bold,condense" with the same result.

It may be that "condense" is not a supported Transcript text style (although
the error message itself should be considered a bug -- what do "margins"
have to do with text styles?).

I had thought only plain, bold, italic, underline, and strikeout were
supported.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation